Thursday, February 11, 2010

MY NEW THANG!


KETTLE BELLS!
I've recently discovered the kettle bells, and I have to say, I kind of get what all the fuss is about. I have been almost desperate to change up my workouts; after doing almost the exact same thing for close to 3 years. I had heard some talk about kettle bells and then we got a few for the gym. To be honest, they looked a bit odd to me and I absolutely did NOT know what to do with them. Then one of our trainers, Mandy, showed me an exercise with them, that, on the surface, seemed easy enough, but WOW, I really felt it in the tush area!
THERE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT WORKING OUT WITH THEM
First of all, you have momentum working with you. As you swing the kettle bell between your legs, it gives you the momentum to lift it above your head. Frankly, its invigorating!
Second, it gives you an "all over workout". It works your arms, your back, your legs, your butt, your shoulders......all at the same time. I like this because it makes me feel like I'm getting more out of my workouts and every area is getting worked.
Lastly, it's just alot of fun! I really love the repetition. You put on some good music and then just GET AT IT!
TO HELP YOU GET STARTED, CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO ABOUT
It will at least give you a track to run on. Let me know what you think!

No comments: