Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE KEY

What do you do when you just don't feel like working out? What if your energy tanks after you've started? The key is to KEEP MOVING and be consistent. The other day I determined to do one hour on the eliptical. After about 35 minutes, I was thinking, "Okay, I'm done". But then I remembered what I was taught regarding PT (Physical Training) in the Army. Simply, keep moving! When we could do no more sit ups, the drill sergeants would have us pull ourselves up by the front of our pants. The message was, "Keep doing situps. Help yourself if you have to; but DO. NOT. STOP!" Sooooo....I stayed on that eliptical for the entire hour. I had to slow down a time or two, but I kept moving. It's the same with strength training. Go down in weight if you have to but just don't stop.

Here's an idea for all of us. Set our time to exercise and MOVE! Just move (insert simple shoulder shrug here). If we have set aside an hour for our workout, then move for that entire hour. Don't stop. Slow down if we need to. Speed back up when we can. But just keep moving.

No comments: