Monday, November 24, 2008

THE POLITICS OF FITNESS

I gotta tell you...Michelle Obama looks great! And so does Sarah Palin. This kind of looking good doesn't happen by accident. A recent article said this about Michelle Obama:

"Michelle, also fierce about her fitness, starts her workouts as early as 4:30 AM. She likes to sweat and opts for a mix of cardio and weight training. It's three times a week for the almost-First Lady, who gives 90 minutes to her exercise window. Her favorite fitness gadgets: Free weights, treadmill, stair-stepper, and spin bike. Often exercising with a buddy or a personal trainer, Michelle says exercise is more than just physical for her -- it's therapy too."


Regardless of your politics, you have to appreciate this kind of dedication! Also, she's a woman after my own heart....does her workout at 4:30 (so do I) and considers her workouts therapy (I've saved a ton of therapy fees by working out!).


Sarah Palin looked great throughout the entire campaign! I mean, she is absolutely gorgeous. The look of females in politics has certainly changed.....that Margaret Thatcher look seems to be a thing of the past! Here is how Sarah keeps in great shape:

"Conventional running is my sanity," Gov. Palin says. Having recently given birth to her fifth child, the governor is trying to get back to her old workout routine. She was running 7 to 10 miles almost every day but switched to aerobics classes at her gym when she became pregnant. She has worked her way back up to running three miles every other day.


What can I say? I'm a girl's girl and seeing what amazing women are doing inspires me! I love to think of being a woman as being part of this great sisterhood. A sisterhood where, as women, we want the best for one another and take pride in each other's accomplishments. So maybe this is a bit idealistic, but it's got to start somewhere, right? Michelle and Sarah, thank you! Thank you for your example and the motivation that you give me! You two look fabulous and happy!!!




No comments: