Friday, November 14, 2008

IRON MAN CHALLENGE

So this is where my ego got the best of me. When Mandy showed me the Iron Man challenge, a new activity at the gym; I thought, "Hmph! I got this!!". I do love the trash talk! Wow! What a surprise it's been. I've realized that I've been in a fitness comfort zone. I get on the eliptical and do my 40 minutes or an hour and then pat myself on the back telling myself what good shape I've gotten myself in. This challenge has smacked me back to reality! As I'm sweating away on the stationary bike, I'm thinking to myself, "What the heck have I gotten myself into?". Could it be that I am not in as good of shape as I thought? Say it ain't so! That's exactly what it is though. I am completely humbled. So....I press on....gritting my teeth through the uncomfortable seat on the bike, smiling through the pain of the rowing machine as my earphone cord keeps getting caught in the cables. And I'll swear that the treadmill is a dirty liar as it tries to convince me that I've only gone a mile in 10 minutes despite the fact that I'm sucking wind, feeling naseaus and adding shin splints. I had always hoped that if I were going to throw out my hip, it would be from tearing it up on the dance floor not falling off a treadmill!

No comments: