Thursday, August 20, 2009

ACTUALLY SORE

I can't believe it! I'm actually sore and I LOVE it! This year I've been in a fitness rut and I'm slowly, but diligently digging myself out of it. I'm alternating the treadmill with the eliptical, but I am making it more difficult. I think it's common for us to want to get comfortable in our exercise routine, but the truth is, it's not supposed to be comfortable! Lightbulb moment here! We're supposed to suck wind, sweat, get redfaced, every day or at least every workout. That's what gets results. I'm not looking for perfection in my body....I refuse to get obsessed and LIVE for my workouts and a perfectly taut and tight body. I'm a grown woman, not a 12 year old boy. It's normal and even pretty for me to have curves instead of angles. But I never want to stop improving, to stop pushing myself to places I never thought I could go.

Also, I've been listening to one of our members talk about how sitting 10 to 20 minutes in the sauna after her workouts has made such a difference. So, I'm going to dig up some of the health benefits of the sauna and post them here. Then, I'm committing to it, just to see if it makes a difference in skin tone and texture. Latah!

No comments: