Friday, April 10, 2009

SWITCH IT UP

Change really scares me. There. I said it. "Hello, my name is Serene Sineath and I a big ol' chicken when it comes to change" I'm not talking about incidental change. I love to rearrange my furniture. I like to change the songs in my MP3 player. Actually, if I had my way, I could do 3 wardrobe changes a day! So many outfits.......so little time (heavy sigh).



What I am talking about is major change....or even semi major change. I have just moved into a new house about 15 minutes from where I had been living for 4 1/2 years. Truth be told, I probably should have moved way before now; but.....there's that change thing. I have worked out at the same time for about 2 1/2 years now and I chose that time for all the right reasons. Mainly, it was the time that would not take anything away from my kids. I felt like I was not taking time away from them by getting up at 4am and working out. Now, with the move, that is just no longer the case and so I'm moving my workouts to around 7:30am or 8, right before I go to work. I've gotta say...I'm a bit freaked! It feels so different and I guess I am a bit scared that I am one step away from falling off the workout wagon!



So now, I'm talking to myself and seeing the really upside to this change. First of all, it's so easy to get into a rut and ruts are boring and "boring" is not in my vocabulary! Secondly, I think I may freak out my body a little bit and start seeing big changes again. Embracing change!

No comments: